Backerkit Surveys Sent and Layout in Progress
4 months ago
– Sat, Jul 10, 2021 at 04:14:16 PM
Backerkit surveys went out today, so you should receive a link to complete the survey shortly, if you haven’t already. If you don’t receive the survey by the end of the day today, please reach out to us.
An important note about survey completion: If you would like to be credited as a backer in the text of the game, you need to complete your survey by August 1. We’ll leave the surveys open longer than that to ensure we have the most up-to-date shipping addresses before the print books go out, but we need to pull the backer names for our lovely layout designer Vee sooner than that.
Speaking of layout! This past week, Vee sent us a draft of the first chapter of the game text. It looks fantastic, and we can’t wait to share all of it with you. Here’s a small preview of her wonderful work:
Since our last update, Sadia and Tim have completed the interior artwork and map, so production is well underway. You can see more of the map in the above pages, and one of the half-page illustrations below:
Thanks for sticking with us so far, and more from Revelation III soon!
Final Text and Rad Art
5 months ago
– Wed, Jun 02, 2021 at 02:05:34 PM
Hello, backers! Thank you for your patience over the past month and a half. Dominique and I have been working hard to finish writing Tomorrow on Revelation III and finalize our timeline and various production costs. Since you last heard from us, the following has transpired:
- The primary text of the game is complete! It is currently with our awesome copy editor, Ryan.
We have drafts of two of the stretch goal modules! We are working with our writers to edit them.
- Our artists have been working hard to complete map and interior artwork. Below is a sneak preview of two of Sadia’s pieces:
Within the next week, you will be receiving a survey from BackerKit that will ask for the name under which you’d like to be credited in the book, as well as your shipping address if you’re receiving the print edition.
- Recordings of the Tomorrow on Revelation III one-shot Dominique ran on ActualPlay is available on YouTube: Part 1, Part 2
- Beau Jágr Sheldon interviewed Dominique about Tomorrow on Revelation III for his blog Thoughty. You can read that interview here.
Once again, we appreciate your support and are so stoked to be able to be bringing you this game.
Actual Play stream, Game Closet interview, and stretch goals!
7 months ago
– Sat, Apr 03, 2021 at 11:55:44 PM
We’re in the home stretch of the campaign! The Kickstarter ends in five days, at which point we’ll be full speed ahead with finishing the game. We wanted to give you a few media and development updates in the meantime.
First, Dominique will be running a one-shot on Actual Play this coming Monday, April 5 at 6:30 PST! That will be on twitch.tv/actualplay. They’ll be GMing for the wonderful Viditya Voleti (Space Goblins, Space Between Stars, Kiran on Corazón Station), Jamila R. Nedjadi of Sword Queen Games (Apocalypse Keys, BALIKBAYAN: Returning Home, co-host of The Gauntlet podcast), and “Mad Jay” Brown (host of the Diceology podcast, Actual Play streamer, Hit the Streets: Defend the Block). If you’re interested in seeing the game on its feet, here’s your chance!
We were also interviewed on Game Closet about Tomorrow on Revelation III. You can listen to the episode here. Taylor is a wonderful interviewer and we had a blast talking about the genesis of the game and a lot of the design choices behind it.
And, some campaign and game development updates:
- We hit our first stretch goal! We get to pay ourselves for writing game, which is awesome.
- We’re also pretty close on some other stretch goals! We’re less than $50 from being able to bring Ryan Boyd on as a copy editor, just over $1,500 from being able to print physical copies in full color, and from there not too far from awesome modules from Jabari, Kazumi, and Jonaya. If you know folks who would be interested in Tomorrow on Revelation III, we’d love it if you could share this campaign with them.
- We’re continuing to playtest and develop additional materials. Charles is running a short campaign with the current draft of the game with the goal of tweaking backgrounds and finishing up the GM guide, as well as working on a Google Sheets character keeper to complement the form-fillable PDF that Vee will be making. If you’re interested in playing the game in advance of release, there is a prototype PDF available for backers in the previous update.
We can't wait to share more of this game with you!
Dominique and Charles
Thank you! Here's a prototype of the game
7 months ago
– Sun, Mar 14, 2021 at 06:30:47 PM
This post is for backers only. Please visit Kickstarter.com and log in to read.